Thursday, February 16, 2017



I want her to remember me like this................



What do you see in that time-touched stone,
When nothing is there
But ashen blankness, although you give it
A rigid stare?

Last week we went to the Art Museum in Chandigarh, I wanted to go there with my daughter. We had planned to go to the lake to click some pictures of the places dear to us, but ended up going to the museum instead.

The thrill of going to a museum rests in the belief that it succeeds creating a connect with people and objects across space and time, long gone, yet may have had the same hopes, desires, dreams, failures and accomplishments like you and me.





When I upload some of these pictures, I do realise that pictures don't do it justice but it certainly is a remedy to the art of forgetfulness!!

I still remember going to a museum down south with my father when we were very young and I saw a young girl sitting and sketching a sculpture of some Indian goddess....









Our guide was a lovely lady, she started the tour giving us a lot of information, initially she stressed on the curriculum knowledge as she thought that we had got our daughter to understand her history book better, and eventually after some conversation she moved on to a more insightful conversation.





And anyone who still wonders that why children need to be exposed to the mystical and enlightening world of art, can see the wonder in the eyes of my daughter on seeing a M.F Hussain.

What made me do this......

I want her to remember me like this...







No comments:

Post a Comment